To boost your immune system you need to replenish your body with agents that make your immune system strong and helps in faster immune response in a healthy individual.
What is the Immune System?
The immune system is your body’s defense system that includes organs, tissues, and cells. That work together to keep you healthy by fighting off harmful viruses, bacteria, and other pathogens.
Immune System acts as a barrier between your body and the pathogenic agents that can make you sick. Your body’s immune system kills these harmful agents in the body and helps to keep the germs at bay.
This complex and amazing defense system of our body is made up of two main parts.
First, you have mucous membranes in places like your nose, eyes, and mouth — where white blood cells fight and kill any infection before they can get inside you.
Second, you have T cells and B cells that create antibodies to fight off infectious agents and then destroy infected cells throughout your body.
Bone marrow and spleen plays a key role in making white blood cells. While the lymphatic system (lymph nodes and vessels) helps in the transport of these white blood cells throughout your body.
Immune System Boosters:
Natural immune support is made from whole foods, fruits, and vegetables rich in vitamin C + D with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory ingredients to revive & energies your immune system.
Fruits and Vegetables:
- Citrus fruits: Such as lemons, Tangerines, grapes, oranges, etc. are all good sources of Vitamin C, Folate, and Potassium in smaller proportions. Some of these also have flavonoids that may lower blood cholesterol (CH) and triglyceride (TG).*
- Papaya: Papaya is a rich source of beta-carotene; beta carotene is a precursor of vitamin A. We need vitamin A for healthy mucus membranes skin and vision. Vitamin A promotes healthy eyes, skin tissues, and our immune system.
- Ginger: Due to its strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects, ginger may boost immune health. Primarily it acts as Anti-inflammatory + helps promote gastric motility. An antioxidant is substances that protect your body from damage by unstable molecules called free radicals that damage cells and tissues.
- Garlic: It protects the body from infections and illnesses. Garlic contains allicin, a potent phytonutrient that is good for your cardiac health. It lowers blood pressure, inhibits blood clotting and promotes healthy cholesterol levels
- Carrot: Carrots contain beta-carotene, Vitamin C, and antioxidants, which boost your immune system and protect your body from cell damage, and inflammation.
- Pineapple: It contains high levels of vitamin C, Pineapple contains bromelain that helps in digestion and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Turmeric: It is a natural antiviral with potent anti-inflammatory Turmeric contains high levels of curcumin a powerful antioxidant used in natural medicine and as a superfood supplement.
- Manuka Honey: Have an antibacterial property that helps to fight viruses and bacteria.
Protein: Proteins help in production immunoglobulin and antibodies, to fight infection.
Antibodies are proteins that help to protect your body from harmful infections from bacteria and viruses.
To have a strong immune system your body needs a daily supply of protein. Also, deficiency of protein can result in the reduction of immune cells, the inability of the body to make antibodies, and other immune-related problems.
Protein repairs the body and helps in recovery from illness and injuries. It also prevents muscle wastage and is useful for healthy metabolism.